Single Event Effects (SEE) are prevalent in space, for aerospace applications and even at ground level because transistor dimensions have been scaled sufficiently that most digital devices are sensitive to SEE. The cost of testing at accelerators is high and availability is poor. Hence, the confluence of these factors now makes laser SEE testing attractive.
SEREEL2 provides a complete solution to the testing and sensitivity analysis of semiconductor devices by the use of a pulsed laser to simulate the impact of a heavy ion. Offering the possibility to investigate the response at both the front and back surfaces of a die, SEREEL2 provides direct correlation of the upset site with a location on the die and automated scanning of user-defined areas of the sample. The system is highly customisable to suit your particular requirements, as detailed in the datasheets available on this page.
Available Data Sheets for Download
- Single-photon (SPA) and two-photon (TPA) versions available
- Highly stable, rugged and industrial lasers requiring no routine tuning
- Pulse widths from <200fs to 500ps
- Wavelengths suitable for Si, GaAs and WBG materials
- X, Y and Z movement stages to 0.05 micron repeatability over a range of up to 300mm
- Step-free scanning by use of a piezo stage
- IR camera for back surface imaging
- Visible camera for die position location
- Self-levelling of the die and auto-focus features
- Objective lenses with x5, x20, x50 and x100 magnification available
- Custom software based upon MATLAB with user-friendly GUI